Call for Papers
2019 Master Brewers Conference
Type of Presentation (select one)*
- Oral*—Oral presentations are allotted 25 minutes (20 minutes for presentation + 5 minutes for discussion). All slides must be in PowerPoint. There is no limit on the number of oral presentations that may be submitted.
- Poster*—Poster presenters are required to be present at their poster during specific time frames throughout the meeting. There is no limit on the number of poster presentations that may be submitted.
- Either Oral or Poster
*Specifying a preference between oral and poster presentation type does not guarantee placement in that area.
- The title is limited to 25 words.
- Capitalize only the first letter of the first word and any proper nouns.
- Registered names and trademarks are not permitted in titles.
Select your primary and optional secondary category.
- Brewery Safety
- Brewery Brewhouse (Hot Side) Operations
- Brewery Grains Handling & Crushing
- Brewery Fermenting / Aging Cellar Operations
- Brewery Finishing Cellar Operations
- Brewery Packaging General Overall Operations
- Brewery Bottling & Handling Operations
- Brewery Canning & Handling Operations
- Brewery Kegging & Handling Operations
- Brewery Systems Cleaning & Sanitation
- Brewery Utilities Operations & Facilities
- Brewery Maintenance
- Brewery Quality Assurance & Production Focused Micro
- Brewery Engineering, Project Management
- Production Automations & Inline Instrumentation
- Brewery Establishment, Management
- Barley, Grains, Adjuncts
- Barley Malting & Roasting
- Hops, Hops Processing & Handling
- Yeast, Fermentation Science, Microbiology
- Process Water
- LAB/Sour Beer Production
- Barrel Aging & Barrel Maintenance
- Draught Sytems Technologies, Quality, Cleaning
- Enzymes, Extracts, General Ingredients
- Packaging Materials
- Food Safety, HACCP, SQF, GMP
- Vendor Development / Relationship
- Brewing Industry Related Topics & Legal
- Wine & Spirits Related Topics
- Cider & Mead Related Topics
The abstract text is limited to 475 words
Is presentation (select one):
An original work
Master Brewers strives to promote awareness of its program internationally through its journal and other publications. It strongly recommends that presenters consider publishing articles based on their presentations in the Technical Quarterly.
Particulars concerning publication of manuscripts are specified in the Author Guidelines as published on the TQ web page at www.mbaa.com/publications/tq. Manuscripts can be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will publish with Master Brewers
- Please send information about publishing with Master Brewers
- I will not be publishing with Master Brewers
- Author designation (one author must be the presenter. The presenter will also be the corresponding author)
- First name
- Middle initial
- Last name/surname
- Telephone (include country code)
- Fax (include country code)
- E-mail address
- Affiliation (company/institution)
- State or province
- Indicate if the author is a student
- Only one author may be designated as the presenter, and only the presenter will be eligible for the presenter registration rate. The presenter registration rate may only be used once per abstract.
Biography of the designated presenting author
The text is limited to 200 words.
Message from the Technical Committee
A friendly reminder to all Calgary Master Brewers Conference presenters and poster authors: we gladly request your abstract submission and conference participation. With this being stated, please keep these fundamental thoughts in mind. The original vision of the Master Brewers organization founded in 1887 stated a couple key premises that continue today. They are: 1) develop by an interchange of views scientific questions relating to the brewing trade and 2) train and develop competent brewers. Today’s Master Brewers leadership and Technical Committee, through these well-thought-out events, will need all abstract submitters’ help to be aligned in these original premises and living our current vision of "United We Brew."
Begin a submission to the following: